NOMADS pride ourselves on providing exceptional experiences to travellers across Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
We’ve taken a beating like all business have during Covid, but we’re looking at bright horizons and are ready to grow our teams to capitalise on the positive future.
Our staff is made up of seasoned travellers as at the root of all travel it's the people that make your experience exceptional and we're looking for a key leadership figure to take charge of the largest of our properties. We're focused on being innovative industry leaders, and providing clean, secure and friendly accommodation, bars, tours and events.
Travel has the ability to change a persons view of the world, and as part of our team that, above all else, is the goal, everyday.
The role - Property General Manager
NOMADS are looking for a dynamic leader to take charge of the largest Youth resort in Australia. The position is available immediately and will include taking charge of all aspects of one of our youth targeted accommodation venues.
As part of our team you'll work alongside some of the brightest and most experienced people in our industry that will provide consistent support for you to grow in the role and help your teams grow in kind. We're looking for someone who takes a hands on approach and has the skill set to lead all departments of the property. A hospitality professional who is able to build a solid team and has a proven track record of bottom line results.
You will direct day-to-day operations of all departments; this role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies.
The business currently runs 6 independent charity organisations and finding a candidate that is motivated by giving back is integral to our views.
Applicants must be able to show they meet our requirements 👇🏻
- The ability to manage and achieve revenue and operating costs as set out in the annual budget, ensuring all departments costs are kept in line with departmental budgets, including labour.
- Financial acumen to be able to assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Proven competencies and strength in administration, financial and marketing functions.
- Ability to demonstrate strong yield management abilities, be proficient in room allocations and on-line allotments.
- Managers must have great communication skills and be confident in dealing with, and resolving, all guest complaints and problems.
- The strategic vision to be able to implement and maintain levels of service.
- Managers must have a solid F&B skill set and a proven history of managing busy bars.
- Proven track record of being able to meet budget targets for; revenue, wage costs & cogs.
- Managers must have the ability to analyse the P&L and create strategies in consulation with the F&B department manager to achieve and exceed budget expectations.
- Managers must hold a current responsible service of Alcohol certificate and RMLV. It is the GM's role to be the nominee for the bar at their property.
- A general knowledge of the travel industry and the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with all products sold.
- Understand that travel is a major part of our revenue and be able to work toward maximise travel sales.
- Curate and deliver bespoke marketing strategies for the accommodation, F&B, experience and travel offerings of the property ensuring alignment with the brand guidelines. (Insta/ FB/ Tik Tok/ Mailchimp)
- Secure additional local property specific and brand relationships to leverage marketing of the property
- Ensure daily cash compliance protocols are followed in line with brand guidelines
- Manage the business in line with budget expectations
- Analyse and report on monthly P&L and specific balance sheet entries
- Be a legend at recruitment (our business is only as good as the people that run it, and for us that’s no more evident than our property staff)
- Lead the property department managers in recruitment strategy
- Deliver consistent staff review and growth programs.
- Ensure that all staff are consistently reviewed and rewarded appropriately
- Ensure the properties daily, weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance programs are run to schedule
- Actively Ad-hoc maintenance and compliance issues in line with company protocols
You will need:
- At least 2 years' experience in multi department management
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience in negotiation and building relationships with suppliers.
- Computer skills and reporting experience – MS Office Suite, Google Suite.
- Motivation to drive continuous improvement processes and be driven by operational efficiency.
- Ability to manage a dynamic and changing workforce, as well as being able to work extremely well under pressure.
- Dedication to the details, from budget management to locating inefficiencies.
What you’ll get
Outside of your salary, entitlements and monthly bonus structure;
- Take advantage of our network and take a break: 50% off accom, anywhere, anytime.
- Let loose: 50% off at the bar, 20% off food
- Celebrate getting older on us: We'll throw you some drinks/food and a paid day off so you can focus on just being your best you.
- Give back – we’re trying something new here where we want to incentivise our staff to give back to local charities so, talk to us about how we can pay you to work for someone else!
- We're pet friendly as long as they are.
- No uniform
- The ability to learn across all aspects of our business
So that's our wish list, if you're ready to take on the challenge of running one of our venues…and if you think you have what it takes, please send a resume and application by clicking the apply button!