NOMADS pride ourselves on providing exceptional experiences to travellers across Australia, New Zealand and beyond.We’ve taken a beating like all business have during Covid, but we’re looking at bright horizons and are ready to grow our teams to capitalise on the positive future.
Our staff is made up of seasoned travellers as at the root of all travel it's the people that make your experience exceptional and we're looking for a key leadership figure to take charge of the largest of our properties. We're focused on being innovative industry leaders, and providing clean, secure and friendly accommodation, bars, tours and events. Travel has the ability to change a persons view of the world, and as part of our team that, above all else, is the goal, everyday.Tourism Adventure Group is a market leader in Backpacker accommodation, bars, events and travel services. If you are experienced, dynamic and can manage your time well please get in touch with us today. As maintenance supervisor, you will be responsible for the effective management of all maintenance operations within the hostel. This is a very hands on role, and requires a diverse range of basic trade skills.
- Working alongside the hostel and General Manager
- Day to day maintenance of bathrooms, bedrooms, and common areas
- Planning and implementation of preventative maintenance schedules
- Ensure the hostel upholds Health & Safety and fire safety responsibilities
- Maintaining records as required
- Maintaining high communication levels with all other departments
- Carrying out project work as required
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for the department and take corrective action as required
What we are looking for?
- General maintenance skills
- A trade qualification preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working autonomously in a maintenance position
- Exceptional organisational skills and proven ability to multi task
- An understanding of hostels and bars
- A can do attitude and a desire to succeed